Kelly, Louis, and Ruby

Our baby girl arrived 8 weeks early on July 7th, 2008 weighing just 3 pounds 3 ounces. After 33 long days in the NICU, Ruby finally came home with us and the fun began. We are one blessed family.

Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Mother's Day


Yesterday we celebrated another first for our little family... my first Mother's Day! I had Friday off of work so Sunday was the end of a wonderful three day weekend with my little peanut! We spent the morning playing and eating pancakes, the afternoon at Grandma's getting spoiled, and the evening back home relaxing. It was a great day, and aside from the stomach ache I got after eating so much, I wouldn't have changed a thing!

And to top it all off, my darling husband got me a very sweet first Mother's Day card and 2 diaper bags! Ruby is 10 months old and all this time I've been using the freebie diaper bag I got from hospital. (haha) I've been shopping around but was having trouble committing to anything. Many seemed too big, too complicated, and too expensive for my taste, so I am very happy that I'll now have two that fit all of my needs! So here is what I ended up with for all who were asking...

1) Skip Hop Dash Deluxe in Blossom. ($65) This is for everyday running around. It's the perfect size for everything you might need during the day, with enough pockets to keep everything organized. And it has shuttle clips which attach it to a stroller perfectly.
















2)Cargo Cutie Country Club Tote in Yellow. ($30) This is for when I need something bigger. Day trips, overnights, etc. And since it's regularly $130 bucks it was a great bargain! Score!













So all in all in was another great day with the family. Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and all the other Mom's out there! Especially those who also celebrated there very first Mother's Day. I hope it was special... We will be taking Ruby to see her pediatrician on Thursday for her checkup so I will be updating you then with all that is new with my little 10 month old!

No comments: