Kelly, Louis, and Ruby

Our baby girl arrived 8 weeks early on July 7th, 2008 weighing just 3 pounds 3 ounces. After 33 long days in the NICU, Ruby finally came home with us and the fun began. We are one blessed family.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ruby, slow down!

I can't believe I have a walker! Ruby went from taking a daring step or two, to walking half way across the room! I've counted up to 10 steps so far. She is one determined little lady. Many preemies don't start to walk well past their first birthdays, and I was prepared for that. Walking at 10 months, not so much!


Ruby also has broken through her bottom two teeth (about a week apart). They are barely through but boy can they hurt! haha. She's still very hesitant to use them, so I'm guessing they are still sensitive. Cutting these teeth definitely caused a cranky, weepy baby for a few days. She didn't want to eat any food, drink from her cup, and on the one really bad day, she didn't even want her pacifier. Several doses of motrin and a few sleepless nights and we are back to normal! Hopefully the next round won't be too bad. (I'm still trying to get a picture of them, but I'm trying.)

In other news, Ruby has also started waving, is trying to clap, sometimes says "Woof! Woof!" at doggies and has accidentally, and very sweetly, said "Oooooooh Noooooooo!" She is also showing some extra attachment to Mommy, and unfortunately starts to cry or fuss when I leave the room. My poor peanut, it always breaks my heart.

Ruby has mastered her straw sippy cup, and regular straws, which is awesome. She loves drinking water, and got to try juice for the first time when she had a fever last week. Yum! She's expanding her finger food selections to include more things, like shredded cheese and spaghetti. She has become an expert noodle slurper. And boy does she L-O-V-E pancakes! But who doesn't? The more things we let her try, the less interested she becomes in baby food. But I guess that's to be expected.

And did I mention bath time? Ruby loves anything involving water. Bath and shower time always bring a smile to her face and make her dance with excitement. She will follow you into the bathroom, and pull right up to the tub to get in! And if someone is showering without her, she will be sure to bang on the door until you are done =) In summary, the past few weeks have been a blur. Ruby continues to surprise us, and make us proud. And as her BIRTHDAY approaches, I can't help but reflect on how far she has come and how much she has been through in her short time on earth. Deep breath... I am lucky, lucky, lucky...

Here is Ruby saying Mama. Right before I started taping she was wandering around saying it over and over and over again:

No comments: