Kelly, Louis, and Ruby

Our baby girl arrived 8 weeks early on July 7th, 2008 weighing just 3 pounds 3 ounces. After 33 long days in the NICU, Ruby finally came home with us and the fun began. We are one blessed family.

Monday, October 6, 2008

3 Months Old

Ruby will be 3 months old tomorrow! It is truely joyful to watch her grow and change, and I cannot believe how quickly time is passing by.

We took Ruby to see the pulmonologist last week. He wants her to be on the apnea monitor for at least another month because of the severity of her issues in the NICU. I was bummed, but I understand. He also doubled her Prilosec dosage since she is over 8 pounds now. I think she's doing better though because of that!

After the appointment, Louis and I took Ruby to my work for another visit. I think she puked on everyone that held her HAHA... oops... But it was still nice to see everyone! Speaking of how great my coworkers are, I recently reached the end of my sick and vacation time. Because of the circumstances of Ruby's birth, they were able to donate sick time to help cover my maternity leave. Within 2 hours my boss had received almost double what I needed to cover my leave! I am humbled by the generosity of these wonderful people, and so grateful to them for this amazing gift. We continue to count our blessings...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is is possible for a 3 month old to pose? Those pics are so funny and cute...I guess this would be the only time in a girl's life she would be happy about gaining 5 pounds, right? - Tia Nickel

Mrs. Masters said...

I agree, she's got some major zoolander going on.

You guys make cute kids. Could you make one for me? I'm not interested in my own offspring after seeing yours...