Kelly, Louis, and Ruby

Our baby girl arrived 8 weeks early on July 7th, 2008 weighing just 3 pounds 3 ounces. After 33 long days in the NICU, Ruby finally came home with us and the fun began. We are one blessed family.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Baby Shower Hangover


Yesterday I had my very first baby shower! It was a blur of baby clothes, family, friends, love, oooo's, aaaah's, and food! I can't explain how wonderful it felt to be surrounded by the women I love and respect, and to know that we were all there that day to celebrate my baby girl. I couldn't have asked for anything more, and yet again I realize how lucky I am to have such wonderful support and role models for parenthood around me.

I will post more about the details, and add some pictures, as soon as I recover from the "hangover." I've been pretty exhausted and useless since the party ended. My mom said, at this point, I might as well get used to it =)

P.S.- Having both of my parents call me today, just to see how I'm doing, made me smile. I really do have it good...

No comments: