
7 months along
So this is what being pregnant feels like! There were so many things about pregnancy that I expected. Morning sickness, weight gain, fatigue, discomfort, mood swings... All these wonderful symptoms have come and gone along the way like changes in the weather.
Morning sickness kicked my ass, I can't lie. My mom lamented that I would never have any more children. I thought she might be right! But once those dark days passed I was pleasantly surprised at how mellow my pregnancy was. Not to say being pregnant has been easy: I've outgrown my fat clothes, had endless food aversions, spent most of my free time in bed, and complained a lot! But there was something so subtle and normal about it all, that I felt lucky. I've found myself always waiting for the "bad part" to start.
The joys of pregnancy that have really caught me off guard though. I have looked forward to this time in my life for so long, that I knew I would be excited and happy. What I was not prepared for was the love that would grow for my little baby girl, before I would ever meet her. It's not even something I can put into words! And I know Louis feels the same way. To see the joy in his eyes as my belly grows, to hear him talk to his daughter, tell her he loves her, and how all he wants to do is hold her in his arms... It all just makes me love him more too.
We have shared so many blissful moments on this journey of ours that I can't imagine what it will be like when the baby is actually here. I know the hardest parts of pregnancy and parenthood are still ahead of me, but I can't help but know that in the end it will all be worth it. I just can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment