Kelly, Louis, and Ruby

Our baby girl arrived 8 weeks early on July 7th, 2008 weighing just 3 pounds 3 ounces. After 33 long days in the NICU, Ruby finally came home with us and the fun began. We are one blessed family.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day, and just like mother's day in May, this year held new meaning for us. I took Louis to lunch and we did a few laps around Best Buy. Food and video games seemed fitting for the occassion! And, aside from one swollen ankle, I felt pretty good. After an afternoon nap, Louis, Nicole, and myself headed to North County to spend time with my Dad. We watched a Terminator movie and discussed gas prices and politics. Good times!

Michelle and Denise joined us, and before we all headed to Filipe's to gorge on Italian food, I gave my Dad a small gift. He got a greeting card from the Baby, that said... "Grandpa, I'm happy we're related... It's good to know my good looks and intelligence aren't a fluke!" He also got a baby bib that says "I love my Grandpa." My Dad's sweet reaction to the tiny bib was enough to make me cry (not that it's difficult to do so these days!). We all talked about how we were excited for the newest member of our funny little family to arrive, and made our way to dinner...

All in all, it was just a good day. I feel lucky to have a family that can share in the joy of my life. This is going to be one loved baby!

No comments: