Kelly, Louis, and Ruby

Our baby girl arrived 8 weeks early on July 7th, 2008 weighing just 3 pounds 3 ounces. After 33 long days in the NICU, Ruby finally came home with us and the fun began. We are one blessed family.

Monday, August 4, 2008

4 weeks

Ruby is 4 weeks old today! My little darlin has grown so much already. I can't believe she's still 4 weeks away from her due date. She sure doesn't seem to know it, and continues to eat like a champ.

She also had a hearing test today, and after passing on one ear, decided she was done and wouldn't let the test finish on the other side. haha... They'll try again tomorrow. She was also going to get a head ultrasound today. And tomorrow night they will be doing a test to check for reflux and corresponding bradycardia. All of these tests are in preparation for bringing her home which they keep saying will be in a "couple of days" which sounds better than soon!

Today the nurse asked us if we had our carseat, which we do. She said to make sure if was certified for a baby less than five pounds, since as of today Ruby is weighing 4 pounds 9 ounces. Thankfully, ours is! She also asked us if we would be interested in staying in the Parent Living Unit for night. This is where the parents stay overnight in a suite near the NICU with their baby, that way if they have any issues, they can ask for assistance. At first I said maybe, ok. But I thought about it for a minute and realized, NOPE, I just want to take her home! NOW! So one more night in the hospital? I think I'll pass...

Louis and I are just ready to bring her home. We have everything we need right here waiting for her. We have everything we need, except baby Ruby!

Do you think she'll grow into her hat soon?

No comments: