Ruby seems to change everyday! It's amazing! My first week at home with the little one went great over all. She seemed to be fussy with an upset tummy so we tried a few things to soothe her. The winning combo seems to be Gripe Water, a natural remedy for upset tummy/colic/hiccups, and a new bouncer designed for newborns. Ruby seems to be sleeping much better between feedings, and so are Louis and I! But I have to say, even when she does get fussy, Louis and I both realize how lucky we really are. Ruby is such a good baby! She never cries and is full of personality. I think we paid our dues with having to be away from her for so long while she in the NICU =)
As far as the bouncer goes, it keeps Ruby at an incline which is recommended for her reflux, but also keeps her supported and contained. She really isn't big enough for her swing and the bouncer we already had, but once she is, those will work great too. And the best part is, I got it off Craigslist for 15 bucks, instead of the 60 that it retails for!
To end the week, on Friday, our friends Elizabeth and Tony had their baby girl Isabella Blu! Liz and I had the same due date, so it's funny to think that Ruby is 7 weeks older and 2 pounds lighter than her newest friend! ha! We also had a house full of visitors this weekend, including our friend Marc who is in town from Japan.
Here are some pictures from the weekend, I can't believe how big she's getting!
No comments:
Post a Comment