After a few hours of socializing and hanging out at the pool, we headed home. She seems to like being in the car, although it doesn't make her sleep like I thought it would. Once home, she still didn't sleep, and that's when it happened... SHE CRIED. Almost 8 weeks old and on her due date, Ruby Marie cried for the first time! 10 minutes of actual crying! She fusses all the time, and has cried for a moment when she was in the NICU and in her sleep, but has never REALLY cried before. Not since she was born. Louis and I didn't know what to do haha... It made me so sad to hear it, but happy at the same time. I think it was her way of celebrating her un-birthday =)
So things are moving along, and we're all doing well. I'm happily dealing with normal baby challenges (and a few special ones) and watching our little one change everyday. The home nurse came today and Ruby now weighs 6 pounds! She's in the 10th percentile for weight and length. (Hooray! She's on the chart!) She also hasn't had an event in over a week. We're still dealing with the challenges of reflux, and managing medications, but I couldn't be happier...
Here are some pictures from the weekend, I hope yours was as good as mine:
No comments:
Post a Comment