Kelly, Louis, and Ruby

Our baby girl arrived 8 weeks early on July 7th, 2008 weighing just 3 pounds 3 ounces. After 33 long days in the NICU, Ruby finally came home with us and the fun began. We are one blessed family.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

6 months old!

Ruby is six months old today, happy half birthday!

She is talking all the time, is incredible at grabbing things (especially Mom's face), likes to play with her feet, and enjoys making fun noises with her lips. We will go to see her pediatrician next week, and I'm just in shock by how much she has changed in the last two months. I remember her doctor telling me all the things that would happen over the next two months and I just couldn't imagine it. But here we are! Rolling, laughing, vocalizing, trying to crawl, it's amazing. I am excited to see how she's doing as far as her growth goes because she really seems to have gotten taller in the last few weeks. She's my little sprout =)


The new year has been good to us so far. Ruby is doing great at with my aunt while I'm working, and she's always happy when I go to pick her up. I'm still not back full time, but trying to work 4 days a week this month. The upside about Louis's job is that he gets to be home with Ruby on his days off during the week, which I love.

We did get notice that our rent is going up again this year, so we've starting looking at other places. It would be great to have a washer and dryer in the apartment instead of in the garage. It would also be nice to not have to deal with the stairs when I'm carrying Ruby and all of our stuff in the morning. But, we still need a place that makes it easy to get to my aunt's house and to work. It would also be awesome to have a yard! We'll see what happens.

Anyway, that's about it for now. I'll let you know how are appointment goes, as well as Ruby's second trip to Disneyland! I hope everyone is enjoying 2009.


1 comment: